Monday, July 15, 2013

Well this weekend was interesting.

This was a rough one.  We had quite a bit going on this weekend and I struggled with both eating right and working out.  It is difficult to manage everything that goes on in one weekend.  We had a party on Saturday so I spent most of Friday getting ready and I ended up skipping the gym.  Maybe I should have gone but I decided I had other pressing issues at hand.  I did make it to bootcamp on Saturday though and spent the rest of the day continuing to prepare for the party.  If I am being honest I did not write down on Saturday, I just guessed that I ate and drank about 80 points (probably low).  Yes I ate BBQ chicken, cheeses, homemade ice cream sandwiches and drank beer.  I can only hope that I was mindful enough to not ruin the hard work I put in this week, the scale will let me know tonight how well I did, the scale does not lie.  With the party and Hila's birthday dinner I ate well over my allowed points.  Technically I should not lose weight tonight, I should gain.  My thoughts are that since I wrote down as best I could, worked out 5 times and was at least mindful of what I ate I should be more successful than if I just said screw it and paid no attention whatsoever to what I was doing.  At least it's Monday and I know for the the next five days that I will workout and eat right.  This weekend should be interesting since we are heading to the beach for a week.  I will need to figure out how to be successful there as well since I will be away from my own kitchen and won't have structured bootcamp classes.  My plan while I am away is to start my running training for the Army 10 miler, except I am going to train for a half marathon distance.  I want to beat my previous times so I figure go big or go home.  The training schedule is 12 weeks and still allows me to do my bootcamp classes.  Hila used one of Hal Higdon's methods to train for her marathon and it worked so that is what I am going to do also.  Luckily the race is exactly 12 weeks out starting the week we are on vacation.  We can get more into the running next week.  As for now, I am ready for a new week and look forward to succeeding!



No comments:

Post a Comment