Thursday, July 11, 2013

Starting weight 220.6 lbs. I can do this.

Day 1
Starting weight 220.6 lbs. (a surprising 3 pound loss from my last weigh in 3 weeks ago, apparently ordering late night pizza and drinking wine and barbecuing on the fourth of July is the new 2013 weight loss plan!)
I am not sure the best way to start this blog so I may adjust as the days go on but I can already tell you that I feel more motivated to stick to the plan than I have in a long time.  Now I just need to keep that motivation for next several months.
Yesterday was a good day all around.  Bootcamp pretty much kicked my butt, I will get to that shortly.  Food wise, it was great.  I ate in my daily point allowance (47 points) and felt good since I had a weight loss at Weightwatchers.  I was thinking that my goal was 40 lbs. but after yesterday it’s actually only 35 lbs.  So already I am closer to goal.  Under 200 lbs. is definitely attainable, too bad I didn't start this a few weeks ago since I am going to the beach in two weeks, hey even a few pounds of loss is better than nothing.  Not only does the plan call for me to eat within a certain point allowance each day it also calls for me to “Track Healthy Checks” which is to make sure that I drink enough water, eat at least five servings of fruit and vegetables and incorporate whole grains, milk products and healthy oils.  Yesterday I had about eight 16 oz. glasses of water, eight servings of fruits and vegetables (thank you Burke Farmer’s market) but no whole grains, milk or healthy oils.  I have never been one to incorporate the healthy oils simply due to the point value (3 points a TBSP for olive oil is a lot for no actual food).  Maybe as time goes on I will see about adding that in and see if I feel any different. 
I think I over did it yesterday with working out.  Our bootcamp class is outdoors at 5:30 PM, needless to say its summer and it was hot as blazes yesterday.  Actual temperature was 86 degrees but on a black parking lot it feels so much hotter, you literally can feel the heat coming off the black top.  I got to class early so I decided to go for a 2 mile run just to get in some extra burn.  Of course once we started class we did upper body workouts like chest press and chest fly while you and your partner alternated running laps.  A lap is just around the parking lot which is not very far but throughout the entire class we ended up running 22 laps, that on top of the run I was pretty much useless halfway through class and the exhaustion and heat started to take over.  At this point I don’t think that I am ready to be running before class just yet.  While I did get a longer total workout in it actually took away from how well I could participate in class.  At this point that is not good.  Because I was so tired from all the running I was not able to do the actual exercises as well and I just took more breaks then I should have.  Lesson learned, no need to be the hero just yet.  I will just be doing the standard class schedule until I get into better shape.  I have bootcamp again tonight and I’m sure it will be just as hot.  Another thing that happened to me yesterday was I ran out of water about ¾ of the way through class, mental note, bring more water to class tonight!

I have plenty of fruits as snacks today along with soup and a sandwich for lunch.  I think today will be another good day with food even though one of my coworkers brought in an entire platter full of cookies and brownies from her 4th of July party this weekend.  I will be strong and resist the temptation, the weight loss will feel better than the taste of the cookie, at least that is what I need to tell myself for now…

No comments:

Post a Comment