Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Longest and fastest run yet.

I felt great on last night's run.  I did Burke Lake (4.5 miles) in 44:33 minutes.  That's a 9:54 pace.  While that is not fast, it's fast for me at this stage.  I have yet to run under a 10 minute pace so this was great.  Really it was the last mile that slowed me down, I felt great the first 3.5 miles.  I know that with the weekly runs being 2-3 miles for the next few weeks I am only going to get faster.  I want to run the entire 10 miler in under a 9 minute pace, that's my goal.  My run for today is 2 miles so I will do that right after class, to keep me accountable I will post on the Facebook page for the site that I am running and see if anyone wants to join me.  That secures that fact that I won't skip it, every little bit helps.  This week, Friday will be my rest day and I am either running or have boot camp every other day.  Sunday is going to be my long run days every week throughout training.  Another 4 miler this Sunday but the week after that we are up to 5 miles.  By then I should be more than ready to run the 5 miles, I mean I just did 4.5 last night.

I ate exactly my allowed 47 points yesterday and I earned 11 activity points for the run.  Definitely a good way to start the week.  I have to tell you about the dinner Hila made last night.  This was a Buffalo Chicken and Blue Cheese Cheesesteak.  I cannot tell you how good this was.  This entire dinner was only 15 points.  Here is the recipe if you are interested, she did make one change though.  Due to her straight brain genius she added the blue cheese and I am telling you now the blue cheese made this dish, it was fantastic.  I definitely recommend trying it.


I mentioned yesterday about my stellar 8 point egg wrap, check this out.


I could have a bowl of cereal with almond milk for 9 points (bleh) or this delicious egg wrap for 8.  This is 2 eggs, 2 pieces of Canadian bacon, 1/4 cup of part skim mozzarella shredded cheese, mushrooms, zucchini, and spinach in a whole wheat tortilla wrap.  This is not only much more healthy for me, it saves me a point and it will keep me fuller longer.  Yet again, another reason my wife is amazing!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment