Tuesday, July 16, 2013

You win some and you lose some.

This week I lost, not actually but figuratively.  I lost the challenge this week to lose weight, I gained.  Only one pound but still a gain nonetheless.  Yesterday I was hopeful that by accounting for all my food I would still be successful.  Well that is not the case.  You cannot eat more than 100 points over your daily/weekly allowance and still expect to lose weight.  Lesson learned.  Could have been worse I suppose...

Well today is a new day and the start of a new week.  All my points reset and so does my mental state.  I am back in the game and ready to play all nine innings.  Another week, another set of challenges.  At least this week will be in the mid 90's so I should lose at least that gained pound in water weight alone just from sweat.  Kind of gross but at least I have that going for me :)

I am sure it will be another killer bootcamp class tonight.  My thoughts for this week are hydrate, hydrate and then hydrate some more.  I need to be constantly aware of my water intake, dehydration is not something you want to mess with when it is this hot outside.  It's only 11 AM and already I have consumed at least 1.5 liters of water.  I should double that by the start of class and easily consume that much more again, during and after class.

One challenge tonight is going to be dinner out.  Hila and I are social people and one main thing we do is socialize with friends over dinner.  We are going to a Vietnamese restaurant in Falls Church called Huong Viet with our friend Dominique.  We have never been before and there are no nutrition facts on the website so I really have no idea what to expect.  Should be interesting trying to calculate the points for this meal but I will try.  Hopefully I will succeed.  I cannot control that food itself but I can control the portions, no need to be the "human garbage disposal" as I have been referred to in the past.  I will try my hardest and hope for the best!


1 comment: