Thursday, July 18, 2013

DNF - Did Not Finish (official race time)

I was prepared mentally and physically, I was hydrated, I had the proper gear and I was prepared for the heat.  There is one variable that I could not control...faulty equipment.  Kind of hard to finish a bike race without a pedal.  Yes, my left pedal broke off.  I had an issue with this last time I rode and took the bike to the shop and I thought that everything was fixed.  Apparently that was not the case.  I was about 2.5 miles into the race when the pedal came lose and I knew I could not finish the race.  Very disappointing, especially since I am already going to miss the fourth and final race in the series since we are on vacation next week.  So out of the four races I was only able to do two of them, well two and half I guess.  Regardless I am still proud of what I did, I got out there did my best and braved the sweltering heat.  It just sucks that I was not able to finish, even with the best of intentions.

While the Wednesday's at Wakefield series is now over I still have the Moco Epic coming up in October, which I am very excited about.  They just released a really cool event poster for the event, I am not sure why but I just love how this looks.  I am planning on doing the 25 mile ride which will be my longest ride to date and am excited to make a day out of the entire event.  As of now I will just be doing this by myself but if anyone is interested in doing it with me by all means let me know.  I am always down to hit up some trails on the weekend or just get out and ride with friends.  What I like about this event is that it is just a ride, not a race.  So you can get out there with a backpack and some water and snacks and just have fun with it.  Yes it's going to take a few hours to complete and it will be hard but again it's one of those things that is just fun to do.


I think the heat index this afternoon will be in the low 100's...should be a fantastic bootcamp class tonight!!  I hear there is a surprise after class tonight for us "troopers" who have made it out this week despite the heat.  As long as the surprise is not burpees I think we will be okay.  Maybe it's a Slurpee...mmmmm Slurpee...  Hey an 8 oz. Slurpee is only 2 points, where is the closest 7-11?

1 comment:

  1. You should be very proud of yourself! That heat was nuts!

    ReplyDelete