Friday, July 26, 2013

Last day of vacation - 6 for 6 with workouts.

I have never in my life come close to working out everyday of vacation (all workouts listed below).  I don't even think that I have done every other day.  I am impressed with all of us.  I must give thanks to Hila since she definitely assisted in the motivation aspect each morning.  There is nothing easy about getting up and going straight out to workout.  Today was rough, I was not feeling it at all, not even a little bit.  But I noticed today that even though I would have called it quits after we were standing in the driveway about to start, I totally lost the negative motivation after the first set.  I not only lost it I actually gained positive motivation.  I was able to push though the doubt and fear of having to workout and now that it's over I feel great.  I have already worked out, eaten breakfast and taken a dip in the ocean.  An absolutely great way to start the last day of vacation.  Looking forward to some more beach time and diving into my next book, I finished The Universe Versus Alex Woods yesterday.  Pretty good book but not an A+ by any means.  Today I start Carl Hiaasen and I know without question I will like his book, he's done it to me 12 times before.

Unfortunately I will not be able to workout tomorrow.  We have a 6-7 hour drive home and then straight to one of my most favorite things to do in this world...a Dave Matthews Band concert.  This will be #31 in the record books and I am very much looking forward to another DMB experience.  I literally cannot think of a better way to end a vacation.  But starting Sunday it's on like Donkey Kong.  Back to eating right and back to our regular routine.  I thrive under a disciplined routine, I enjoy order (just take a look at my office).  I am ready to get back on track and start to tackle the obstacles ahead of me.  I can't be the guy that starts a fitness/weight loss blog and gains weight after three weeks, oh wait that's already happened...  Need to get back on track and hopefully the next few weeks offer less difficult situations where it's hard for me to be good.  I have plenty of support, I feel great and I feel motivated.

Food this week has been atrocious.  We have eaten North Carolina BBQ, fast food french fries, pizza, and lots of beer and wine.  I have done what I could when it came to making good decisions while eating this week but with a group of 12 people ordering all types of food there are only so many times you will win against the battle of eating well.  Many times I lose, many many times.  All I can do it pick my head up and move forward.  Today is a new day, I can do this.  And I will.

Sunday - 3 mile beach run, 10 minute pace
Monday - 5-4-3-2-1 workout (with Hila, Sarit and Assaf)
Tuesday - 3 mile run, 10 minute pace
Wednesday - Boot camp class (with Hila and Assaf)
Thursday - 3.5 mile run, 10 minute pace
Friday - Boot camp class (with Hila and Assaf)

No comments:

Post a Comment