Friday, July 19, 2013

Running on fumes only.

I was miserable yesterday.  I really struggled with the workout and the heat.  My problem was simply I could not catch my breath no matter what I did.  Every time I started to push myself I was forced to cut back once I started to get winded.  I literally was standing there taking deep breaths thinking to myself don't pass out.  I felt dizzy, light headed and just plain terrible.  I pushed though it but it was not my best day.  By the end of class I felt like I had low blood sugar or something and was thinking I would stop on the way home and get a Gatorade but really didn't want to spend the points on it, luckily the surprise at the end of class was not a Slurpee but fresh watermelon.  What a treat, I cannot tell you how much that hit the spot.  I had two slices and immediately felt better and I didn't spend any points on it!  Thank you Jen for such a lovely treat!!

So tomorrow we are off to the beach for a week.  I am going to start my running plan as soon as I get down there and try my best to eat as healthy as possible.  There will be no weigh in for me next week so I really hope to lose twice the weight once we get back.  I am definitely looking forward to getting away for awhile.  I love vacation, I mean, who doesn't?  Even more than the beach I am looking forward to some reading.  I long to be lost in a book.  I absolutely love it.  I don't know what I did with my time before I started reading, probably just camped out in front of the TV wasting time.  Now, if I am home alone I don't even turn on the TV, I immediately dive into my book.  I read a book a week on average and next week I hope to read three books.  I have been saving some good beach reads just for this vacation.  Carl Hiaasen's new book Bad Monkey, a new book out called The Universe Versus Alex Woods (supposed to be awesome), and Dave Barry's new book Insane City.  Not the deepest books by any means but all should be good, funny, easy beach reads.  I am often asked about what books to read so if anyone ever wants some suggestions you can look at my read shelf on Goodreads and see how I have rated all the books I have read.  Be aware though, some of these books have changed my life, some are so good that I envy you for not having read them yet, you are in for such a treat.  I know this has nothing to do with heath and fitness, but hey it's my blog and I can do whatever I want with it :)

I will be updating while I am at the beach, I need to keep myself honest and this really does seem to work.  My motto for vacation (thanks Tommy!):

No comments:

Post a Comment