Monday, September 23, 2013

He will be greatly missed.

As many of you already know tragedy has struck our family.  My father in law passed away last Monday and it has been a hectic week to say the least.  Hila and I have been staying with her mom and spending as much time as possible with the rest of the family.  We have had several guests and visitors throughout this week and that has been quite comforting.  People have brought us flowers, meals, food, wine, and anything we have needed really.  Thank you to all who have been by the house or have sent kind words to us, your thoughts and prayers have been much needed.  Giora was a great man, father, husband, brother, and friend, to just name a few.  He will be greatly missed.  I was not his son but he treated me like one and loved me as if I were his own.  I will be forever grateful for his kind words and his unconditional love for me.  I only hope to one day be half the man he was.  I told him many times but I will say it again, I love you Giora and I will do whatever I can to protect and provide for your family.




Unfortunately during this past week I have not paid one iota of attention to what I have been eating.  It has been bad, really bad, but as of now I am back on track with counting points and getting back to working out.  On Saturday I did venture out on the bike for just under two hours for a total of 12.5 miles.  It was the longest I have ever ridden and really my first workout in close to a week.  It felt great, riding a bike is just fun.  Even more than the fun I just needed the workout, I needed to burn off some frustration (and calories).  Nothing like an exhausting workout to make you feel just a little bit better about anything else you have going on in your life.


I will be back to boot camp tonight and a long run tomorrow.  I am ready to get back to it and back on track.  Wish me luck.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my god. I am so so so sorry that this has happened! Please pass along my deepest sympathies and love to the Pinchas family.
    -Jess Nichols

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bobby, Rebecca here. Justin told me what happen. I am so sorry for Hila and your loss. Youve been in my thoughts since I found out.

    ReplyDelete