Tuesday, September 24, 2013

5-4-3-2-1 Round # 2

500 Jumping Jacks
400 Squats
300 Sit Ups
200 Push Ups (on my knees, shoulder...remember??)
100 Burpees
As fast as you can in any order you wish.

43:15, this go around.  That is six minutes 15 seconds faster than last time.  Quite the improvement I would say.  The only thing I have done differently in the last two months is consistently workout.  The workout was still crazy hard but it seems that I have just gotten stronger.  At first my goal was to get under 40 minutes since I was right at the 20 minute mark when I was half way through the workout.  I could tell that that was not going to happen so my goal changed to just beating Linzi, well that did not happen either...  Got beat by three girls actually, and I believe by a good 5 minutes or so.  Well done ladies.  I am interested to see how it goes after another two months of workouts.  I'll get you next time, Gadget! Next time!  The way I broke the sets up this time was I did 10% of each set 10 times.  So all 10 sets were like this and in this order; 10 burpees, 30 sit ups, 20 push ups, 40 squats, and 50 jumping jacks, repeat.  I liked breaking up the exercises like this a lot, except the damn sit ups, once again this was the hardest for me even though I was only doing 30 at a time.  Looks like I need to strengthen my abs up.  This time I also pulled my car close to us and played music.  This I think contributed a lot to the success.  The music was just enough to take your mind of the monotony of doing so many of these exercises in a row with no one talking out loud.  I think the entire class agrees with me as well.  Next time there will be a radio involved again for sure.  FYI - I already feel the soreness in my chest from the push ups, even though there were all on my knees.  I just love being sore.


I normally do my long runs on Tuesdays but my schedule is a bit off this week so not sure yet if I am gong to go to class or run tonight, decisions decisions.  With missing last week's two runs it may be a good idea to get in an additional run this week, especially since we are less then four weeks away from the Army 10 miler.  As much as I love class, I really need to focus on the training for the race and for the MOCO Epic.  There will definitely be a long bike ride on the books this weekend as well, going to try for 2.5 hours.  Not going to be easy but I can do it!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment