Tuesday, September 10, 2013

The world is my playground.

Other than my wife being out of town and the Redskins losing it was an all around great day yesterday.  Made it to boot camp after about a week off.  Although I did not stay for the second part of class.  I was thinking all day that the game was at the normal start time of 8:30, luckily I was informed of the 7 PM start time or I would have missed most of the game.  After class I shot over to Weight Watchers and pulled in a 3.2 pound loss, booyah!!  Felt great to get the gain off from my last weigh in.  Gotta keep focus this week and pull off another great loss next week.  Yesterday was also my first class with our new trainer Kristina.  Great class and my legs are definitely sore today, not to fear though I am sure I will loosen them up tonight with the 7 miler I have planned.  This will be my longest run yet and there is something about a run of this length, you actually get to a euphoric feeling when you are complete, a runner's high.  I don't feel it after a 3 or 4 miles but once you get up to 7 miles I think you burn though all your bodies natural resources and all that is left is the feeling that you accomplished something great.  Even though it will be hot as blazes tonight, I long for that runner's high, it's going to be awesome!

Also finally have my bike fixed up and repaired from the pedal breaking off.  I am thinking this Friday I will head over to Laurel Hill and ride till it gets dark.  If I ride all of the trails shown on the map it's about 10+ miles total.  I love this trail and it very similar riding to what I will be doing for the MOCO Epic 25 miler.  It has been a few weeks since I have been able to ride and I am beyond excited to get back out on the trails.  Really need to make sure I am riding twice a week until the race, especially since I have taken so much time off.

Something I have been thinking about a lot recently is how much I workout outside of the gym.  I have a gym membership but have not even been in a few months, since I got my sling off.  I used to think that the gym was my only place to workout, if I couldn't make it to the gym then I simply was just not going to workout.  I love working out outdoors, hot, cold, rain (although I still have not been able to get a rain run in yet... hmpf).  Well the heat sucks sometimes, like tonight its supposed to be close to 90 but you know what, hey I will sweat more, which means more weight loss!  You don't need a gym to workout, all you need is yourself, shoes (hell you don't even really need shoes), and a little motivation to just get your butt out the door.  Maybe that's one reason I love my boot camp so much, we are outside.  We spend so much time indoors it's nice for at least an hour a day to just be outside.  


No comments:

Post a Comment