Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Some success and some failures this weekend.

Some success and some failures this weekend.  I did not make it three for three this weekend and what I skipped was my long run...again.  Not good.  I will be back at it tonight, I am thinking Burke Lake or somewhere where I can get close to 5 or 6 miles in.  I cannot blame anything other than laziness for my missing the run.  We were out and about all weekend but I could have fit it in, I chose not to.  I chose to stay home and hang with the missus.  I should have run, oh well all that means now is that I need to get back out there and do it.  Tomorrow is a family holiday dinner so not sure I will be able to make to bootcamp then either.  We are also supposed to find out about our new trainer at some point today.  No clue who he/she is going to be but looks like I am going to miss the first and second workout with him/her regardless.  I will have to get the inside scoop from one of the girls in class.

We did make it to the Labor Day boot camp class yesterday though.  Something like 40 plus people and CFC raised over $500 for the Life with Cancer house, an absolutely great charity.  So proud to be a part of that.

This should be an interesting two weeks.  Hila is going to be out of town for most of the next 10 days and I will be on my own.  I will need to make all my own meals, if I am being honest that NEVER happens.  I am spoiled rotten, everything about my meals is taken care of for me.  We went shopping yesterday so I have everything I would need to be successful while she was away.  It will be difficult but I will work through it...somehow.  I just need to plan in advance and make sure I actually spend the time prepping and preparing good healthy food.  It's just so damn easy to order out.  Usually the portions are huge and always less healthy than if they are prepared in the house.  At least when you prepare the meal yourself you know exactly what is going into the food.  I struggle with eating healthily when we order out.  I feel like if I am paying for it then I am going to get what I want.  That mentality has not worked for me in the past.  So while I may order something one night while she is away, I will be preparing all food myself most every other night.  Wish me luck.

Just saw this picture and thought it was fitting since its exactly how I felt after missing the run this weekend.




No comments:

Post a Comment