Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Luckily there was a breeze.

I don't care how you put it working out outside is 90+ degree weather sucks.  Big time.  Luckily for us there was the slightest of breezes yesterday which believe it or not made class almost bearable.  Today should be interesting since its my third bike race and again going to be 95 degrees.  Yesterday I focused on water and drank close to two gallons, today the same is in effect.  Tonight the race is in the woods, so no breeze and I will be wearing gloves and a helmet.  It's going to be hot for sure but I will make the best of it!  At least mountain biking is fun, not that working out isn't but this workout is out of the ordinary and I seem to focus less on the pain and more on the excitement of biking over logs, rocks, and up and down hills, especially the downhill part.

We have all heard the saying that it takes six weeks to get into shape and two weeks to get out.  I realize more and more everyday how true this statement is.  I notice a difference even after a long weekend.  Why is it so hard to be healthy and so easy to be unhealthy??  One thing I noticed yesterday was that only after two weeks of working out again I can already feel the endurance coming back.  Someone once said about our bootcamp classes that at first he was only trying to survive the workout and as time went on and as he got into better shape he changed and started to attack the workout.  I felt a glimpse of that last night running stairs.  The first week back to class I can honestly say I was useless, could not keep up, could not do all the exercises and pretty much complained the entire time.  While I am nowhere near being in shape again, I could tell that last night I was a little bit stronger and was able to push it a little bit harder.  As my friend Linzi says all the time I don't need to be the hero, but I am telling you now that I want to be the hero.  I want to be the fastest person in class.  I want other people to push me to catch them on a run.  I want to pass people while running stairs.  I am not there yet by any means but I did get a glimpse of that hero coming out a little bit yesterday and I will tell you I loved it.  I miss him and I want him back.  Just those few moments of joy and the feeling of success has already given me more motivation to keep pushing, to try harder, to stick with the plan.  I can and I will do this.  I will achieve my goals!!

Dinner last night was beyond phenomenal.  We calculated the points as best we could and even went out to Frozen Dairy Bar for custard.  Dinner was 19 points and the custard was 8.  So in total yesterday I went over my daily allowance by 7 points.  Hey that's why the weekly points are there.  At least dinner was spent with good people and we even ran into some more friends at Frozen Dairy Bar.  All in all it was a great evening and I really enjoyed myself.  Thanks Dominique for picking the menu as usual!!

Wish me luck on the bike race tonight, I am going to need it.  Not only with the heat but I also need to beat my previous time of 59 minutes.  Should be interesting...

Young Lotus Root Salad, Fresh Garden Rolls, Crispy Spring Rolls, Grilled Lemongrass Beef, Vietnamese Pancake.


No comments:

Post a Comment