Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Faulty Weightwatchers Scale.

It's the only logical explanation.  How the heck did I lose 1.2 lbs. while on vacation??  I am overjoyed with this number.  I really thought I was going to gain.  Yes I did workout everyday of vacation but like I said before, the food intake was not good.  Really not good at all, atrocious was the word I used.  I can only assume that the previous week of eating well and working out contributed to the success but I think that main reason is definitely the working out while on vacation.  I pushed myself harder than I wanted to and I made a commitment to stick to the plan and now I am reaping the benefits of that hard work.  It was not easy but now that it's over I have forgotten about the pain and I am only thinking about how great I feel.

Now comes the interesting part where I need to also incorporate a running schedule into my boot camp workouts.  I am into week two of a 12 week plan and will soon be getting to the point where I will need to skip a boot camp class in order to get in my runs.  I don't like it one bit but its a necessary evil.  Today I am scheduled for a three mile run, while it's not very long running this before or after class is extremely difficult.  If I run before it will take away from how hard I can push myself during class, if I run after I am more inclined to skip it due to the difficulty of class or not put forth the effort required to get a good run in.  In a normal situation I would probably just run after class but with this past week and how hectic this weekend was with traveling and the Dave show I missed my scheduled long run of 4 miles.  In any running plan the long distance runs are the most important and should never be skipped.  I need to be more careful not to miss these runs so tonight I think I need to skip class and get in my long run from last week.  So tonight I am doing a lap at Burke Lake, yes this is a 4.5 mile run but that last half mile won't kill me.

One reason I am even remotely successful in my weight loss is my wife, Hila.  I literally do not have to worry about food at all.  I mean not one little bit.  Every meal is healthy and completely prepared for me.  Honestly I am spoiled.  I would not be able to do this without her.  Today for example, my breakfast was (two eggs, cheese and vegetable wrap, 8 points) made and ready to be microwaved this morning.  She sent me with a bag of cherries, bag of strawberries, banana, half a grapefruit and one cup of Greek yogurt.  All of these snacks today are only 3 points and that's just for the yogurt, fruit is 0.  That is a substantial amount of food and all of it is extremely good for me.  Today for lunch I have a sandwich (10 points) and a bowl of soup (3 points).  After coffee, breakfast, lunch, and all these snacks I still am coming home with 18 points.  Not too shabby.  So, I say thank you as often as I can but it never hurts to get one more in, thank you very much Hila for all you do to aid in my health and weight loss, I cannot say it enough.  Thank you.


2 comments:

  1. Running after class... highly recommend. It's cooler, it's easier (because you will already be warmed up and you'll have nothing to worry about except putting one foot in front of the other). However, the most important reason why is, it's ALL FAT you'll be burning. All your sugar will be spent during class and you'll be burning fat calories after the workout. Even if you 'only' run 2 of the 3 miles, those miles will be more effective than running 3 before class. my $.02.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the feedback Tom. Sounds like a perfect plan for tomorrow. I have to get in a two mile run so I will do so right after class!!

    ReplyDelete