Monday, August 12, 2013

These weekend runs are starting to get the better of me.

Another weekend come and gone and another two workouts complete.  I have never worked out so much during the weekends in my life.  As hard as it is to get up at 7 AM on a Saturday to go to boot camp, by 9 AM its all worth it.  Yes its hard, very hard but already I am reaping the benefits.  I feel great, I have more energy throughout the rest of the day, and my clothes fit better than they have in a long time.  Now, unfortunately my weekend runs are not feeling like they should.  They have been extremely difficult, every time.  I am not sure if its dehydration or the fact that I am running at different times of the day than I am used to but I am struggling with these weekend runs.  Yesterday day I did 5 miles in 52 minutes, that is a 10:25 pace, my slowest run yet.  I need to be running faster than this.  Maybe I need to switch my long distance run to the weekdays.  For some reason I have much better runs during the week.  I can only assume it's because I am up and moving all day getting the blood flowing and being in general just less sedentary.  Of course I am out and about on the weekends but there is also quite a bit more relax time, reading or watching some TV at the house just not moving as much as I do while at work.  Who knows maybe its all in my head but there is definitely something that makes my weekend runs harder.  Maybe I should try a pace run every week, where I head to a track and try running a lap or two really fast followed by a lap at a light jog for a few miles.  I have never done this before but I have heard good things from others about how it helped increase their running pace.  I definitely need to do something because these weekend runs are starting to get the better of me.  Anyone else struggle with something this?

On Friday we were out late visiting with some friends in town and wanted to pick something up for dinner on the way home.  Of course we wanted to something good but also healthy.  We opted for Pho.  What a fantastic choice for a good, filling and healthy dinner.  And it's less than $10 a person!!  Without any of the sauces we count this as 13 points for the small including the summer roll.  Before I tried Pho for the first time I used this think how can a bowl of noodle soup fill me up?  I thought there was no way that broth and noodles would satisfy not only my craving for good food but also my hunger level.  I could not have been more wrong.  I don't even think I was able to finish the bowl the first time we tried it.  Now Pho has become a staple for us when we are looking to get dinner out.  We love it.  In the early stages of dating Hila we had Pho Tuesday's where we would try Pho in all the local restaurants in search of the best bowl.  I think it may be time to reinstate Pho Tuesday's, really I am just fishing for an excuse for a date night with a beautiful woman and wonderful food!


1 comment: