Thursday, August 29, 2013

Do yourself a favor and don't ever tear your rotator cuff!

The good news is, I'm not dying.  The bad news is that my spine is as crooked as a politician.  The diagnosis is simple.  Because of my multiple shoulder surgeries my right side is so much stronger than my left that the muscles on my right side are literally pulling my spine to the right, that is issue number one.  Essentially when I workout I am overcompensating for the weakness in left side by using more of my right.  I have known for years that I do this, simply because I am weaker due to all my shoulder issues.  Issue number two is again because of my surgery, my shoulder blades are no longer aligned with each other.  My right shoulder blade works normally but left does not, the muscles are not yet strong enough to make the blade move properly throwing my entire back off kilter.  Well the silver lining is that the doctor wants me to keep working out and he thinks he can fix me.  He said he needs me to keep working out to strengthen my left side.  So back to boot camp I go, pain and all.  He said to listen to my body and if something hurts too much then don't do it, he also does not want me doing anything that opens my back like chest press and chest fly.  So we will see how tonight goes.  I have another appointment on Friday to follow up and to assess my pain from tonight's workout.

I am glad to be back in class tonight, its Jen's last day and we are doing a little happy hour for her.  So sad she is leaving.  At this point we still do not know who will be taking her place as trainer.  All we can do is hope for the best!!  She will be missed by all that is a fact.

Hila's dad came over for dinner last night and we ordered Chinese.  It's difficult to be good when ordering Chinese especially since my favorite is General Tso (17 points a cup!!!).  I usually opt for steamed dumplings (2 pts each), egg drop soup (3 pts), and a side of either broccoli or green beans in garlic sauce (2 pts).  All very good especially from Tau Tau in Burke, possibly the best Chinese food place EVER.  My entire dinner last night was 18 points, silly me went to bed without dessert and had three points left over for the day.  Oh well, saved a few calories.


No comments:

Post a Comment