Monday, August 5, 2013

Chocolate Smoothie.

Yesterday after my run I was beyond hungry but we were having family over for dinner so I needed to satisfy my hunger but not spoil my dinner.  Under the guidance of Hila the Brain Genius I decided on a chocolate smoothie.

Ingredients:
1 frozen ripe banana (I like using bananas that have started to brown a little, they are sweeter and usually the ones you don't want to eat anyway)
10 frozen strawberries
1 cup almond milk (1 point)
20 grams of chocolate protein powder (2 points)
10 grams of peanut flour (1 point)
Handful of baby spinach
3/4 cup of ice
Put in blender and hit frappe.


This is so good and quite filling.  I use a quart sized container for the smoothie itself, from Chinese delivery.  It works perfectly.  This entire smoothie is only 4 points and there are a lot of variables to make this more or less points.  For less points you can use water instead of almond milk or less protein powder or no peanut flour.  Or to add some points you can use actual peanut butter and/or more protein powder.  Sometimes I even and couple of tablespoons of Greek yogurt which adds a great tang to it.  I will tell you now that the actual peanut butter makes this smoothie amazing.  So filling and extremely flavorful.  I tend to us as much spinach as will fit in the blender because you cannot taste is at all and adds tons of nutrients.  This hit the spot yesterday.  It also helped with me not overeating at dinner itself.  I found that because I was not starving for dinner I just naturally ate a smaller amount of food, and was still completely satisfied.  This really hit the spot.

No comments:

Post a Comment