Monday, August 26, 2013

A hectic couple of days.

Where to begin?  It has been an eventful few days for sure.  So I last posted about some back issues I was having, well my back bothered me all weekend but today it finally feels like its getting better.  It's not quite 100% but close enough to get back to working out again.  Three days off definitely helped.  Yesterday after a 4 hour drive home from the beach I immediately changed into running clothes and took off out the door for a quick 3 miler.  It was hard to do but I am beyond happy that I did so.  My back bothered me the entire time but I needed to do something after this weekend.  The run itself felt great, too bad my back was hurting because I could have kept on running.  Because of this back issue I have now missed my long run for the week which was supposed to be 6 miles.  Looks like tomorrow I will have to get that run in, I cannot miss the long runs, they are the most important.

We left for the beach first thing Saturday morning and came home yesterday afternoon, there was a lot of eating out and not a whole lot of watching what I ate, other than watching it go from the plate to my mouth.  I could have done better with the eating but at this point it is what it is and there is nothing I can do about it.  Saturday night we did get crab legs which is one of my favorite things to do.  I skip the butter and just dip the meat in a mixture of vinegar and old bay.  I also do my best to skip all the fried food they give you which is really just to fill you up so you eat less crabs.  I did reach a point where I made myself stop eating which I am very glad that I did.  I could sit and eat crabs for hours but I knew I was at a point where I was just unnecessarily forcing it in when I was already satisfied.


We will see how the weigh in goes tonight.  I missed last week so it should be twice as much weight loss as normal but its been a hectic two weeks with being out of town each weekend, having family stay with us and quite a bit of eating out.   I still feel pretty good about it.  

One thing I am excited about is getting back to a full week of boot camp.  I only went to class twice last week and I truly miss it.  It is so hard to get into a routine of working out but once you are there it actually becomes part of your life.  It becomes the norm.  Plus this week is the last week we have with our trainer Jen, she is moving so we have to make the best of the time we have left.  

No comments:

Post a Comment