Friday, August 16, 2013

250 of each.

Today I am the most sore I have been in awhile.  An interesting workout last night in class.  Another challenge day but not so much a challenge against the others in class as it was a challenge against yourself.  We were told there were five exercises, push ups, sit ups, overhead claps, rows with a squat, and burpees.  You had the choice depending on your level of intensity/experience to do 100, 150 or 250 of each in any order you wanted.  I decided on the 250 and broke everything up into set of 25 or 50.  Ouch is all I can say.  Last time we did something like this I struggled the most with the sit ups, this time definitely the push ups and burpees.  There was a time in my life when I could not do 25 burpees in a row now I am expected to 10 sets of 25 in a row.  Crazy how things change.  I don't care who you are 250 push ups hurt, I even did them all on my knees.  There is no way possible, not at this point anyway that I could do 250 normal push ups, that's just crazy talk.  Our time limit was 50 minutes (the hour of class less warm up and stretching), I was only able to complete 220 of each of the exercises.  Props to those in class who were able to complete the entire set, well done indeed.  I am sure they are just as sore as I am today.

Another rest day, finally.  Six days in a row for four weeks now.  I am impressed with myself.  Mud race tomorrow, I will try to get some pictures but I am not sure if I will be able to do so.  Hopefully we can at least get a before and after pic.

Oh and one last thing...TGIF!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment