Monday, August 19, 2013

Most heinous buffoonery indeed.

For a few brief moments yesterday I lost the firm grip of reality that I have been holding to so well.  First part of the downfall were the Sour Cream and Onion Ruffles which were consumed in abundance followed by the homemade icing topped with lemon cake, yes the cake was simply the tool used for consumption of the icing.  I don't feel great about it but it happened and now it's time to move on.  It's been my first major slip up in weeks and it was bound to happen sooner or later.  I have a crazy busy week this week and will probably not be able to make it to Weight Watchers tonight for the weight in so I may not actually see the after effects of this buffoonery.  Regardless, it's time to get back on the horse and make it happen all over again.  I have family in town this week so it should be interesting with getting in workouts/runs since my schedule will be completely out of whack.  May have some early morning runs this week just to make sure I can fit everything in.  We will see how that goes, as I am not a huge fan of very early morning workouts.  For all of you "I don't have to work until 9 AM people" early morning means 5 AM.  I even have a hard time writing 5 AM much less getting up to go and workout at that time.

Alright so back to this weekend, Mud Factor.  This was not a great by any means.  As far as fitness level I felt great.  Felt like I could have run it twice.  There were different fitness level among us but we still ran as group because that's what friends do.  As for the rest of the race there was little to no mud (other than the last obstacle) and only 5 obstacles.  Five.  That is weak.  This was pretty much a trail run after a huge storm knocked over some trees.  I have read over the Facebook page for the race and people are pretty angry with the racing staff.  Now I am not one to berate someone on their Facebook page but I do feel the concern of some of the racers.  We bought this ticket as a Groupon deal for something like $25.  I would be a lot more upset if we had paid more than that.  Actually if you signed up the day of the race it was $100, that is just insane to charge that much for a trail run it the woods.  Either way our group had fun running together so that is all that really matters. I don't think we will be running this race again anytime soon though.  The after/muddy pic was taken by the race staff so once that picture is up I will add it to the blog.


They did hook us up with a bandanna and a medal although I am not sure how we cheated death exactly...


All other photos copied from event page on Facebook.
Last obstacle - low barbed wire crawl
Rope wall
Scaled wall
Barrel jump
Luckily we beat the line for the "showers"!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment