Wednesday, August 14, 2013

I am not a natural runner.

If I am being completely honest I do not enjoy running.  I do find that it is necessary in all aspects of fitness and athleticism, that does not mean I like it.  I have run one half marathon and something like 7 or 8 10 milers.  Yes I enjoy the feeling after a run and even sometimes have enjoyed the run itself but more often than not that is not the case.  I am not a natural runner, it does not come easy to me, I have to work at it constantly just to be a below average runner.  I struggled with the 5 mile run last night, a lot.  The minute I walked in the door afterwards I told Hila that I am not meant to be a runner.  Her response was "It takes time, and it's also hard since you are running at the hottest part of the day.  Wait until it's 60 degrees and you go for a morning run, its glorious!"  I am hoping she is right, it was hot and the run sucked yesterday but at least it's done.  I did my weekly long run last night since I won't be able to do it on Sunday because we have plans.  I also have to remind myself that I only started this training plan three weeks ago, that is not much time at all in the grand scheme of things.  It has to get better, it just has to.  I will keep to it and push through as best I can but sometimes it hard to keep your head up when each run seems harder than the last.  I know eventually it will get easier and maybe I am trying to run too long of distances right off the bat but I am definitely struggling.

Boot camp tonight and tomorrow, I will probably take Friday off since Saturday morning we have a 5K mud run in Maryland called Mud Factor.  It is not going to be anything crazy like a Tough Mudder but should still be fun.  I love doing all the obstacles, that is by far my favorite part.  And as far as the running goes its only 3.1 miles.  That I can do!


No comments:

Post a Comment