Wednesday, November 13, 2013

If you bite it, write it.

Here is a breakdown of how food and I work together throughout the day.  I start with 45 total points.

Breakfast (no picture):  
Coffee - Two cups, two points creamer in each cup (4 points)
Cereal with almond milk, 8 points for 2 1/4 cups cereal, 1 point for a cup of almond milk (9 points)
45 - 13 = 32 remaining points

Snack:
Banana - 0 points 
Apple - 0 points
32 - 0 - 32

Lunch: 
Sandwich - 4 points for Big Marty's bun, 4 points for 4 oz of ham, 1 point for reduced fat provolone cheese, 1 point light mayo, 0 points for large heirloom tomato from the farmers market and a few lettuce slices (10 points)
Soup - 2 points for Giant Brand Spring Vegetable soup
32 - 12 = 20 remaining points

Snack:
Grapes - 0 points
Cheese - Trader Joe's Mini Brie, 1 point
20 - 1 = 19 remaining points


Dinner (of course I forgot to take a picture):
Chicken sausages - 2 links, 3 points each (6 points)
Quinoa - 1/3 cup (2 points)
Green beans - 0 points
Salad - Iceberg lettuce, tomato, cucumber, homemade balsamic vinegar (all 0 points), feta cheese (2 points)
Red wine - 1 glass (4 points)
19 - 18 = 5 remaining points

Dessert:
Red wine - 1 glass (4 points)
Reese's Pieces - With one point left for the day I gorged myself on a whopping 11 pieces, that's right 11.  While that may not seem like much, who am I kidding that's nothing, I can eat 11 Reese's Pieces before I even have to chew, it was still a nice treat at the end of the day.  Along with the glass of wine I was happy, very happy.  
5 - 5 = 0 remaining points

Boot camp - Earned me 6 activity points

I feel great on days when I eat exactly what I am allowed.  I could have done a lot of different things with my points, for example some people don't want to waste points on wine.  But I find it a nice treat at the end of the day and I was by no means hungry when I went to bed.  If the day had gone differently and I had more points for lunch or an additional snack throughout the day or more points for dinner I would have skipped the second glass.  It's all about making the plan work for you.  Start with 45 points, or whatever you are allowed, and work it out.  Sometimes I write down for the whole day, since most of my meals are planned and figure out from there how much is left for snacks, treats, wine, whatever.  I am by far the most successful when I write down everything.  BLT's as they are called in the business, Bites, Licks, Tastes.  If you bite it, write it.  That's the plan.  



1 comment:

  1. Good job Bobby! Way to take control now before the Holidays get here :)

    ReplyDelete