Thursday, November 7, 2013

The RealAge Test.

So after the post yesterday, my trainer Tom sent me another "Fitness Age" test to take that takes into account many more details than age, fitness level, pulse, etc.  This test took me about 10 minutes to take and I tried to be as honest as possible.  There were definitely a lot of questions but worth it.  Hey look my real age is one year younger than my actual age.  Helloooo 33!!  I feel younger already.

Try it here.  Let me know what your RealAge is.


Of course one of the reasons my body is not as young as it could be is due to my diet.  I was already well aware of these issues but now I can see specifically where my faults may be.  I definitely don't eat enough whole grains, frankly with Weight Watchers grains are higher points and I just avoid them in hope to lose weight.  Looks like I need to find a balance between eating more whole grains and still losing weight.  The same applies to nuts, I just don't eat them.  I find I can eat a substantial more amount of food for the same points as I can a small handful of nuts.  So while they may be very good for you I find I don't just eat a small amount of nuts, they are usually shoveled in by the handful, negating the good benefits they contain.  

Next is weight.  Damn you BMI.  I have always been overweight, always.  Now I don't feel like I am fat by any means, I just am not as thin as I want to be.  Since I am exactly 6' tall, per this test my BMI (28.61) is pushing the obese category.  Really??  How can this be?  My issue with this is that it does not take into account my muscle mass or my generally large stature.  Not every person who is 6' tall weighs the same.  Yes I have weight to lose but for me to get less than 180 I would be stick thin, I don't want to be that thin.  Per this chart the lower section of a healthy weight is 140 pounds.  I could get to 180, cut off my right leg and still not weigh that little.  I guess everyone is different and all we can do is strive for the best everyday.  I may never weigh 180 pounds but I will try my hardest to make sure I am the healthiest weight I can be.  



No comments:

Post a Comment