Thursday, November 14, 2013

Save the weekly's for the weekend!

Day two of complete food tracking in check.

I am going to share with you one of my vices, because you are my friends.  I friggin love this Coffee-Mate French Vanilla coffee creamer and yes it's sugar free!  This is just about the only thing I eat/drink that has artificial sweetener in it.  I think this may even be one of the most processed food items out there but I still love it.  I actually go through times where the realization kicks in that I am not doing anything good for myself and resort back to half and half with real sugar but nothing kick starts my day like this cup of coffee.  Actually drinking some now, wow...it's good.

Breakfast:
Coffee - See above (4 points for two cups)  As you can see in the picture we weigh just about everything.  So when I say I drink two cups of coffee I am really using 90 grams of creamer in each cup.  Same applies to the cheese below, a 1/4 cup is equivalent to 30 grams.  I find that you actually get more food when you weigh it out as compared to measuring with measuring cups.  Most nutrition facts list the servings in cups or partial cups so it just translates easier to use cup sizes, plus most people just don't have digital scales.
Egg wrap - 2 eggs (4 points), 2 pieces of Canadian Bacon (1 point), 1/4 cup part skim mozzarella cheese (2 points), and mushrooms, onions, zucchini and spinach (0 points) all served on a whole wheat flour tortilla (1 point).  Grand total of 8 points.
45 - 12 = 33 remaining points

Snack - Banana

Lunch:
Exact same as yesterday.  Soup and sandwich for 12 points.
33 - 12 = 21

Snack - Apple

Dinner (due to pure excitement and absolute ravenousness I forgot to take a picture...again):
Homemade burger with blue cheese, lettuce, tomato on a Big Marty's Bun (made by my sister in law, Sarit).  Wow is all I can say.  I so wish I took a picture because this burger was awesome.  The blue cheese added a saltiness and flavor boost that was redonkulous.  Soo good.  Thank you Sarit, this was an excellent burger. (13 points)
Baked French Fries - from Trader Joe's I believe (5 points)
Asparagus - 0 points
21 - 18 = 3 remaining points

Dessert:
Vanilla pudding cup with some M&M's added in - Delish (3 points)
3 - 3 = 0 = Success

Another 6 activity points earned at boot camp.  Up to 12 for the week.

Day two done and both days exactly within my daily points.  No weekly's used yet, which is good, since the weekend is where the real damage is done.  Save the weekly's for the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment