Friday, November 1, 2013

Music is what feelings sound like.

I have made it to all four classes for the last two weeks, fitness goal in check.  And I definitely feel it.  I have decided that I just stay sore, Monday through Sunday, then start the process all over again.  It feels great, I love it.  I also somehow managed to only consume a whopping six M&M's (female) last night, can you guess what makes and M&M male?  I decided to completely avoid the ever delicious frozen peanut butter cup....mmmm peanut butter.....  I was briefly an unbeliever myself but yes they are infinitely better frozen.  You're welcome.

I don't feel like I am too passionate about a lot of things, but a few things I find I am very passionate about.  My wife, reading, fitness and music, oh sweet music.  Anyone who knows me knows that I have loved the Dave Matthews Band for years.  I have been to 31 shows in something like 9 states and have a plethora of shirts, posters and DMB memorabilia.  Second in line to Dave is Third Eye Blind (my first love).  And tonight for the 15th or so time I will be seeing them live on stage.  I am giddy with anticipation.  There is just something about music that is good for the soul.  It brings me peace, it lifts me up, it is just the perfect soundtrack to life.  I believe in loving all music and not limiting myself to one genre.  Rock, Pop, Blues, Country, Metal, Jazz and even Broadway musicals.  I do go a bit bonkers for a good musical.  I mean watch Moulin Rouge or see The Book of Mormon on stage and tell me they don't make life a little bit better.  Literally my love for music has changed my life, it has opened doors for me I never thought possible or that I didn't even know were there.  I have felt many feelings in my life, but nothing has expressed those feelings quite like music.  To me, music is what feelings sound like.


No comments:

Post a Comment