Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Respect your body, it's the only one you have.

So I came across an interesting tool today that roughly calculates your "Fitness Age".  While I have not done much investigation as to how it works or how accurate it may be I still find this to be a good tool to determine how your fitness age compares to your actual age.

Calculate your fitness age here.


Younger than 20!  I like it.  Too bad I don't actually feel younger than 20.  I am so sore today I have a hard time getting out of my chair at work.  On a sore scale of 1 - 10, 1 being no pain and 10 being death, I am pushing a solid 37.  Yeah, that's sore.

I like the fact that my fitness age is much younger than my actual age.  That shows me that I am fit and I push what I think are the limits of my body.  We watch the Biggest Loser and I am amazed when they do the "Know Your Number" age difference of these people that are double their weight and internally they are 20 - 30 years older because of all the strain their body is under not just from weight but from all the health issues that come from being overweight.  I want to make sure that I am healthy and so is my family.  I have a child coming into this world and I will do everything in my power to make sure he/she learns early in life the importance of eating healthy and working out.  I did not learn this until I was well into my 20's, really into my 30's and now I have to work even harder to maintain my weight and my fitness level.  Regardless I will never go back, I will always be fit and I will always take care of my body, it's the only one I have.


No comments:

Post a Comment