Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Have a plan then stick to the plan.

Oh the demands of the demanded.  I have received several complaints/concerns that I have not kept up with my blog posts in the last two weeks.  What is interesting and ironically enough is that the less I have posted the less I have been successful with both fitness and weight loss.  I am just going to chalk up last week as a loss, kind of like the Redskins do each week.  I overate, I missed workouts, therefore I gained weight.  I did not go to Weight Watchers on Monday night, frankly I did not want to see the damage I had done, I felt it in my body, but I know that I gained.  One week of veering off the path and it affects everything.  My stomach was upset, I felt sluggish and I just generally felt bad, physically and emotionally.  One reason I write this blog is to keep me honest and to keep myself accountable.  If even one person reads this and asks me how's it going I feel like it is working.  I need someone/something to keep me in check or I naturally get lazy.  "The path of least resistance" was once used to describe my actions in life.  While that may be partly true it does not define me.  I am strong but I do have moments of weakness.  Life is hard, even harder at certain times.  For me, last week was hard, very hard.  I was beyond busy and consumed with both work and after work activities.  It all caught up to me on Saturday about mid day when my body just shut down.  I did make it out for a run and I think that only made matters worse, because after the run all I wanted to do was climb in bed and sleep and that is exactly what I did.  I was still feeling off yesterday but today I feel great.  I got my eating in check and went to boot camp last night.  Now I only gave an easy 85% last night in class.  I listened to my body and I feel like it is paying off.  My goals over the next few days are easy, boot camp tonight, Wednesday and Thursday morning.  (Come out and try our Annual Thanksgiving Day Charity Boot Camp, believe me it's worth it, especially on Thanksgiving morning.)  Eating on plan all days except Thursday, I mean let's be honest, there is pretty much no way to eat on plan on Thanksgiving.  I will enjoy dinner, and that is where it ends.  That does not mean that Thanksgiving lasts Thursday through Sunday, which for me it usually does.  I need to enjoy dinner and get back on it after that.  I really don't want to feel the same this coming Monday as I did this past Monday.  The hard part will be getting in workouts Friday through Sunday.  Definitely want to get in another Burke Lake run and maybe even a Saturday morning boot camp class.  Regardless that't the plan and I will do my best to stick to it!


No comments:

Post a Comment