Monday, July 21, 2014

Success - What it really looks like.

I am tired.  I am tired of being a slave to food.  I am tired of being overweight.  I am tired of not having the body I want.  I am sick and tired of it all.  The change is coming, I can feel it.  The desire to be fit and lose weight has, as of late, been just that, a desire.  I have turned that desire into a need.  I feel the need to achieve my goals, not just try and achieve them.  I have not felt this motivated in many months.  I am distancing myself from over eating.  I am not much of a junk food eater, I don't sit around eating chips and candy.  My issue is overeating, always has been, I have a hollow leg.  I do not posses that switch in my brain that says stop eating, but with this new Simply Filling plan, I am learning to find it.  I feel fuller when I eat.  I mean how many bananas and peaches can you really sit down and eat?  A plate full of chicken, rice, and veggies seems to fill me up and keep me feeling full longer than a burger a fries.  I don't know the science behind it but it is working.  Go figure good healthy foods are better for you, who knew??  After two weeks I already feel better.  I was able to fit in five workouts last week.  Woke up Friday and ran five miles before work, let me tell you after the run, then working all day, then spending some time with the fam, I slept like a baby Friday night.  Took the bike out for an hour or so on Saturday and I still have the sore behind to remind me of the first ride of the season.  Wanted to get a run in yesterday but I have a house full of sick people so after some Pho and much needed rest the run just didn't happen, oh well.  Glad I did what I could earlier in the week because you never know when you are going to get thrown a curve ball like a sick wife and baby.  WYCWYC!!  It's not about getting from point A to point B quickly, it's about learning why it's important to get to point B at all.

Goals for this week are to continue eating well and to workout at least five times.  Plus Dave Matthews is on Saturday so I need to be extra careful as that day will consist of many consumed empty calories if you are picking up what I am putting down here...


No comments:

Post a Comment