Friday, January 3, 2014

WYCWYC

Two to four weeks.  Ouch.  That is my estimated recovery time.  I have a severe muscle spasm in my lower back.  Right here.

At this point there is nothing I can do but wait and try to stretch it out.  The doctor said the muscle was so tight it felt like there was a rock in there.  She hit me with a shot in the butt for pain and gave me some muscle relaxers for the nighttime.  Needless to say slept like a baby last night.  Unfortunately I woke up with the same pain as yesterday but as the doc said, it will take some time.  Two to four weeks...

Because I cannot workout I need to make sure I focus on what I can do.  Food.  Maintaining my food points for the next few weeks is paramount.  Obstacles are placed in front of us all day everyday, doing What You Can, When You Can will allow you so be less hindered and still achieve your goals.  Unfortunately the obstacles never stop and always find ways to creep in.  Right now I cannot workout because of my back, in less than three months we will have a baby, there will be bad weather, there will be social functions, there is always something that will be in your way no matter where it is you are going.  So the key is to do what you can when you can, #WYCWYC.  I am writing this down on a little piece of paper and putting it in my pocket as a constant reminder to keep focused.  Just because I cannot workout does not mean that I should just forget about everything else as well.  

If you cannot control your food, like with us in Florida, then do what you can when you can.  We focused on working out everyday and spent more time on portion control.  WYCWYC.  I had not heard this expression until yesterday.  Hila the brain genius, once again to the rescue.  I love it.  If you can't make it to boot camp class or the gym, go out and run  If class is cancelled do to weather, do your own workout in the basement.  If you can't use your upper body (like me for 3 months with my shoulder issues) go out for a walk or go to a spin class.  Do something, anything.  Don't let one issue bring you down completely.  There is always something the can be done.  

As for today I am set with meals and snacks.  Hila once again sent me off with a delicious egg wrap, with Canadian bacon and a tomato.  I have clementines, strawberries, yogurt, and a low fat cheese stick for snacks.  All very healthy and all deliciously delectable.



Even with the snow today find something to do that's active.  Take a walk, head up the gym, if you can't do any of these then try a 5-4-3-2-1 workout in the living room while watching Breaking Bad reruns, or if you are wobbling around like me just focus on eating well.  What you can when you can!  Do it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment