Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Frustrated.

Frustration is consuming me.  Yesterday I snapped at someone on a call for work, yes he was kind of being an A-hole but I am usually pretty good at keeping my cool.  Yesterday not so much.  From the moment I got up until the moment I went to bed I was just plain angry.  At the time I thought it was for no apparent reason, now I know it was stress related.  Stress can and does turn you into a mad man, a raving lunatic sometimes, if it is not managed somehow.  Snapping at friends, family, co-workers, getting frustrated over the smallest of issues.  Stress can be an ugly beast if you don't find ways to relieve it.  For me, going on three years or so it has been leaving work and driving straight to boot camp.  I could be having the worst day ever, work consuming my thoughts, pissing me off all day, until my workout is over.  Once complete, calm as a hindu cow.  I have found that after a workout the thoughts of work do not even enter my mind, I get home, relax, sleep like a baby and get up and do it all over again.

This not working out is starting to catch up to me.  I am letting the stress, take over.  Actually I am not letting it, it is just happening.  I need to get out and do something.  Go for a walk, break a sweat, something.  One more day rest and tomorrow my plan is to do something.  I am not sure if I am up for going to class just yet, but maybe an incline walk on the treadmill at the gym.  This is what I would do when I needed to workout after my shoulder surgery.  I found a few incline walking workouts and just did it, sling and all.  Definitely got a few strange looks from people, but hey it worked for me, so I worked it.  This was also much harder than I anticipated.  #12 incline at 4 MPH is not easy.

I am to the point now where some kind of activity is a must and tomorrow is the day.  They finally opened the pool at my gym, maybe I will check that out as well.

Goal for tomorrow is to be frustration free!

1 comment:

  1. I totally get it and know your pain. Nothing that a hard workout won't cure!!! I felt that way this morning and after a 90 minute bike ride I was much nicer to be around.

    ReplyDelete