Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Looking for that peace of mind.

There are two things in life that when not properly maintained seem to affect everything else in my life.  First a clean house, I thrive when my house is the cleanest.  I open the blinds, I love being home, it's easier to get up in the morning, and I am just more comfortable when the house is clean.  For the last month or so the house has been in absolute disarray.  We have two rooms currently under construction in the house.  The hallway guest bathroom and the nursery.  Other than a fresh coat of ceiling paint and some nursery room furniture assembly, these rooms are just about complete.  At least we are rapidly approaching the time where we wake up in a clean, non-construction site house everyday, so this part of my life will soon come back to some sense of normalcy.


Secondly is working out. It's my stress reliever, it's my calm after a storm, it's my natural sleep aid.  It's everything to me.  As mentioned before I have been slightly frustrated.  After my second doctor's visit I have been instructed to get an X-ray and a MRI.  I am off to get the X-ray today.  I was thinking that things were starting to get better the past few days, so today I have decided to hold off, for a long as I can, on taking any medication.  Already regretting that decision.  Yesterday I felt like a complete blob of crap by the end of the day.  Muscle relaxers plus pain medication plus frustration plus no workout equals a Bobbycrapcake.  I hate the feeling of staying medicated, it is beyond mind numbing.  I realize it's a necessary evil but at this point it is only masking the pain, not actually helping me get better.  I am hoping after these tests we can figure out what the H-E-double hockey stick is going on with my back.

Back to the whole workout thing.  Much like how a clean house helps me keep my life in order, not working out has an equal opposite effect.  When I workout consistently, I am much more aware of what I am eating and I am more aware of writing down.  I have found that since I am not working out I am just naturally letting other things in my life slip as well.  I have not yet read the Abs Diet book, (not that I could do any of the abs part anyway, but still) I have not actively been writing down all my food intake, I have been less motivated at work, (might have something to do with the meds as well).  I am slipping and it's only mid-January, not even really mid yet.  Not good.  It's not that I have been eating badly because I have not, I just have not been consistent with making sure I am eating within my point allowance.  I am sure that I have gone over.  If I don't track I go over, it's not one of those things where maybe I eat less, I mean let's be real, I am an eater through and through.  I wish I only ate to live but the reality is that I live to eat.  I just need to make sure I live within the realm of normal people and that is not the case when I don't write down.

I need to figure out that happy medium between not being able to workout and maintaining the rest of the aspects of my life.  That is hard to do, I am struggling to find that peace of mind during this time of injury.  Maybe I should just go home and clean.


No comments:

Post a Comment