Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Relaxed, refreshed, rejuvenated.

What an amazing weekend.  We finally got in some much needed relax time.  Of course where we were in MD it snowed the entire time and now we come home to even more snow.  It has snowed on me every day since Friday.  About eight inches there and about eight inched here.  Only January and I am already just about snowed out.  If it's going to snow at least snow two feet so I could be snowed in!

Our room at the B&B.  A little slice of heaven.

I should be getting the MRI results in today, I called yesterday and no one has yet to return my call.  A bit frustrating but with my newly found sense of euphoria (see above) I keeping calm.  I have been just about pain free for going on five days now...until today.  On our babymoon we both had massages, and oh how magical it was.  The masseuse came up to me afterwards and said she could tell something was messed up in my lower back.  I think it's kind of amazing that she was able to pinpoint the exact location of my pain just by massaging my muscles.  That massage, along with a nice hot soak in the hot tub helped my aching body tremendously.  I was like warm butter sitting next to the fireplace in our room afterwards watching Sons of Anarchy (I know I am like five years late but holy moly that show is crazy good, we are hooked).  I am not sure if I ended up doing something to aggravate my back today or if I am just given a few days peace at a time.  I hope the doc calls today and we can once and for all figure out this back business so I can finally get back to business!

After a gluttonous weekend of eating Bed and Breakfast breakfasts, lunches out and one extremely nice fine dining meal, I am back on track in full effect.  Stocked up at the grocery store, along with all the other crazies before the storm and am all set with good, healthy meals for the week.  Homemade soup and sandwiches with lean turkey and whole grain bread for lunches.  Hila the brain genius has started making some crock pot meals, last night was a balsamic soy pork tenderloin, yum.  The idea here is to make a meal, eat it, then freeze some left overs for when Baby D decides to grace us with his/her presence.  One less hour in the kitchen then, means one more hour to hold this little wonder of delight in our arms.

Here is a Diptic pic of our meal at Lautrec.  Fantastic meal, the sommelier needs a small beating over the head with a soup ladle but otherwise an absolutely fantastic dinner.  Never a terrible night sitting across the table from this beauty!!  (Oh, on a side note, you are never going to believe this but the chef for the restaurant is a Mrs. Buttersworth...you can't make this stuff up!)
I have now started packing a gym bag for that day when I feel either good enough to go workout/swim/incline walk at the gym and another bag of cold weather gear if/when I decide to head back to class.  The way I am feeling today I am thinking boot camp is at least another week away but tomorrow may be a most excellent day indeed for a swim.

Focus for this week is yet again food.  Stick to my points, all week and weekend long.  Weekend being the hard part of course.  Make it to the weigh in on Monday night and hope for a zero pound weight gain since my last weigh in on December 2nd, I weighed in at 211.8 pounds that night.  I will be happy with a zero since that will mean over the holidays I did not gain weight.  Not easy to do these days!

No comments:

Post a Comment