Friday, July 11, 2014

Happy Birthday Hila.

There are some days that are more special than others.  Anniversaries, birthdays, holidays, well today is one of those days.  Today is Hila's birthday.

I thank God everyday for allowing me to live my life in such a way that it brought me to Hila.  I have made many mistakes in life, many missed opportunities, many bad decisions, sometimes I think about these and wish things would have been different.  But then I think what if one of these different decisions would have taken me in a different path, a path away from Hila, and it's then that I know any decision I have made, whether right or wrong at the time, was for a reason, for a purpose.  That purpose is to guide me towards the woman of my dreams.  Not everyone finds that one person who is truly meant for them, their soul mate, their true love.  Somehow I did, I found her, although I didn't know it at the time, when I was just twenty one years old and I almost let her get away.  It wouldn't be until years later that our paths would cross again, but by the grace of God there were years and years of right and wrong decisions that somehow put us in the right place at the right time with the right state of mind.  I am truly grateful to be presented the opportunity to prove that I can love her, provide for her, father her children, and be a part of her loving family.  It is because of her I am who I am today.  I would have continued down a path taking me farther and farther away from what I know to be right.  It is because of her guidance, love, and compassion that I have learned to be the man I am today.  These words do not properly express how I feel or truly show my love for this woman, they are just words and anyone can write words.  The reality comes in the actions.  I have and will continue to love her, cherish her, and appreciate her every waking moment.  She is my life, my love, my friend and my wife.  She is beautiful on both the inside and the outside, and I am lucky to have her by my side.  Happy Birthday Hila.


No comments:

Post a Comment