Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Last night I dreamed of success, today I woke up and worked for it.

So I have to admit the 4:45 wake up call was not too bad.  It's essentially only an hour earlier than I normally get up.  I made sure my bag was packed and ready to go last night so all I had to do was get up, kiss the wife goodbye and be on my merry way.  I have not been to the gym in a very long time, plus my gym has recently done some remodeling so I didn't really know what to expect this morning but I did have a plan.  My plan was to do a 25 minute interval run and then some upper body lifting exercises.  Because it was my first day and I was unsure of how long everything would take (other than the run since it was timed for 25 minutes) I probably will do things a bit different next time.  I had to find the locker rooms, figure out where everything was in the gym and then get situated.  I was also unsure of how long it would take to get ready in the locker room, different place, different routine, a lot unknowns.  So I got to the gym about 5:05, and was running by 5:10.  This is the interval run I did and really enjoyed it.  Found it through the interwebs yesterday.


After a few minutes of cool down walking I decided against the lifting exercises.  My plan was to be in the shower by 6 and on the road by about 6:20 so with only 25 minutes left to workout I knew I would only get through a few sets of a few different exercises and I wanted more than that so I decided to do as much of the 5-4-3-2-1 workout that I could with the remaining time.  I got through three 10% sets (10% = 10 burpees, 20 push ups, 30 sit ups, 40 squats and 50 jumping jacks) and then used the remaining time to work on some shoulder strengthening and stretching, only about 5 minutes.  I have been lax on my shoulder exercises and really need to devote some time to that, my shoulder is still so weak and its been over a year now.  Finished up about 6:05 and was in the car by 6:25.  Boom.

Now sitting at my desk I feel fantastic.  Ate a banana on the ride in, crushed another egg sammy and am now sipping some coffee.  Because I have spent the last several years working out in the afternoon I have forgotten about the feeling of being done with my workout by 6 AM.  Damn this is a glorious feeling.  No more worrying about the heat this afternoon, there is no way something can come up and distract me or take me away from my workout.  It's done.  I like that a lot.

That extra hour of sleep is not worth how I feel right now which is absolutely fan-friggin-tastic!!


No comments:

Post a Comment