Monday, July 7, 2014

We cannot become what we want by remaining what we are.

Albert Einstein said the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.  That is pretty much where I have been that last few weeks.  I keep thinking that working out twice a week and barely following a food plan will help me lose weight and stay fit.  Let me tell you that it is not working one bit.  I have continuously been gaining weight and because of all the summer activities, working out less.  Miss a day here, miss a day there and before you know it two weeks have gone by and I have worked out twice.  Ain't cutting homey.  Time for a change.

I have spent a considerable about of time trying to come up with a new plan for said change.  As of this weekend I have made a decision.  Simply Filling.  Still part of Weight Watchers but essentially no more counting.  The idea here is to eat good wholesome filling foods and cut out all the processed crap.  Fruits, vegetables, lean meat, and whole-wheat.  Today is day one.

Hila made a trip to the grocery store last night and stocked up on all the foods to help me succeed. Breakfast today is an egg sandwich on a light English muffin with Canadian bacon.  BANGIN!!


Lunch is a pork chop with brown rice, asparagus and half and ear of corn.  Not much of a change from what I would normally eat except no white flour or processed foods and meats.  Snacks are cherries (totally in season right now so run out and get as many as you can, they don't last long), grapes, banana, apricot, and strawberry Greek yogurt.  Isn't it strange that all the healthy foods are from other Countries?  Canadian bacon, Greek yogurt, I wonder why that is?

My workout plan is still boot camp twice a week since that is all the afternoons I can fit in with Eli and Hila's workouts.  But the change here is to get up early and go to the gym twice a week.  The issue with this for me is I have to be to work at 7, so a morning gym trip means waking up at 4:45 and being at the gym at 5.  Ouch.  I need just about a full hour to workout then I need to shower and get dressed and still drive the 30 minutes to get to work.  This is not going to be easy but I will see how it goes.  Maybe on some days I will skip the gym and just run, either way I need to do something more because what I am doing is not working.

The time for change has come.  I have the same destination just a new route I am taking to get there.


No comments:

Post a Comment