Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Weekend Roundup.

I needed to workout so badly yesterday.  This weekend was rough.  Dinner Friday night at Aggio, another one of Brian Voltaggio's restaurants.  Good but not great if I am being honest.  Service was phenomenal food was just okay, Range is better.  If you want a great dinner one night I highly recommend going to Range.  It's small plates so you kind of order four or five different dishes each and share, it's ridiculously good.  We wanted to try Aggio since it is a restaurant within Range and have loved all of his other restaurants.  Probably won't go back but we still had a great time.
Clockwise starting at the top left - Lamb Ragu, Roasted Artichoke Ravioli Soup, Lamb, Pork, Olive Cake.  I cannot remember the exact names but you get the gist.
Saturday night we went out with the friends for a night on the town.  Needless to say we are not 21 anymore and two nights out in a row, when drinking and being up late, while having to get up early and take care of a four month old is rough.  We did it though and enjoyed ourselves thoroughly, but I am glad to be back on a normal schedule this week.  The workout last night helped tremendously.  I was glad to sweat out all the toxins consumed this weekend.  Today I feel much better.

The good news for the day is I didn't have to wake up at 4:30 and get half a workout in at the gym.  My mom is coming over tonight to watch Eli while Hila gets her body combat on.  So that means another boot camp for me tonight.  That makes me very happy.  I will get three boot camps in a row which has not happened for many moons.

As far as eating has been going, other than parts of this weekend, I am loving this Simply Filling plan on Weight Watchers.  No counting, no processed foods, and what a perfect time it is to start this plan with all the fruits and vegetables they have at the farmers market now.  I mean look at my snack the other day.


My lunch from yesterday.


My breakfast from today.   Mmmmmm runny egg....


These are some great plates of food.  I feel so good just from eating good healthy filling foods.  I have not found that I am missing any of the other crap I used to eat to fill in between meals.  We will see how the weight loss goes but I can already tell that this is working for me.  See you at the Farmer's market on Saturday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment