Friday, October 4, 2013

Boot camp running week.

Six days in a row working out and pretty much some kind of running workout every day.

Saturday - 5 miles
Sunday - 3 miles
Monday - Serious Ass Kicking
Tuesday - 7 miles
Wednesday - Quarter mile splits, half mile splits, quarter mile splits.  Put 2:30 on the clock, run a quarter mile, how ever much time is left is your break, then immediately start another quarter mile, rest.  Put 5:00 on the clock, run a half mile, how ever much time is left is your break, then immediately start another half mile, rest.  Put 2:30 on the clock, run a quarter mile, how ever much time is left is your break, then immediately start another quarter mile, rest.  Sounds easy right, anyone can run a 10 minute mile or faster for only a quarter or half mile right, easy peasy.  Okay, then you try it.  What happens is you start off running at a 6 minute mile and then by the time you cross the finish you are running a 10 minute mile, breathing so hard you want to pass out.  Then you do it all over again, and again, and again.  It was tough, really tough.  Then after all that, we still had to workout.  Needless to say I slept well on Wednesday night.
Thursday - A bit less running but still running none the less.  One partner sits up, pushes, planks, jumps, lunges, whatever while the other runs a lap.  My issue with this is that I don't like anyone to beat me on the run so I take off like a banshee and push myself even harder.  Result, another deep sleep.

I have loved the workouts this week, also felt great to get 6 workouts in a row under the belt.  One thing I have been focusing on this week is my eating and weight loss.  I have not been losing the weight I want mainly due to the fact that if I have one night "off plan" I tend to let that spread into several nights "off plan".  For this week and also for next week I have lowered my allowed daily points by 5.  So normally I get 46 daily points, now I am only working with 41.  Instead of focusing on just eating whatever I want up to 46 points I have been much more focused on eating healthy foods, lean meats, vegetables, fruits, and limiting my carb intake.  I just want to see how this feels and works for two weeks and see how successful I am on the scale come Monday night.  I have a feeling I am going to have a substantial weight loss.  Honestly I feel better.  I feel satiated and just better in general.  I don't feel weighed down by processed foods and crap that really provides no actual benefit to the body other than calories.  I have not been this focused in a while and I want to keep this motivation going.  After these two weeks, if I continue to feel great and satisfied from what I am eating then I may decide to adjust my diet from here on out accordingly.  I have had highs and lows throughout this entire journey, some days/weeks I fall, but I always find a way to pick myself back up.


No comments:

Post a Comment