Wednesday, October 16, 2013

I may not be the fastest...

Monday night weight loss - 2.4 pounds.  Down to 211.8.  Getting there...slowly but surely.  Down 8.8 pounds in total.  On average that is about a 1/2 pounds a week.  Now that sure feels like a weight lifted...

I can only hope I feel as great on Sunday as I did on my long run last night, running was just a little bit easier last night than it has been for me on my last several long runs.  I was able to push both the pace and the distance a bit.  Ran 8 miles in just over a 10 minute pace.  Like I said before, not where I wanted to be at this point but still faster than last time, and I felt fantastic!

I keep all my running stats on a site called Dailymile.  All you do is enter your time and distance for each run and it gives you all sorts of different stats.  Since last night was possibly my last run before the race (I may run a 4 miler on Friday just to stay loose and make my total distance a cool 100 miles) I was reading through some of the stats and thought this was interesting.

In the past three months I have run 23 times for a total distance of 96 miles.  The breakdown shows exactly how many miles I ran each week and I like the comparisons about 70 donuts burned, and hey look I saved $5 in gas...sweet.

This is a great tool for tracking workouts if you want to closely follow your progression.  With this site I can see exactly where I missed runs, or how my pace has improved, and even where I think I could have pushed harder.  One difference in my training this year has been a GPS watch, this is the one I have.  I don't know how I ran without one before.  I set the watch to show my pace, so whenever I want to see how fast or slow I am running I just check the watch.  Like last night I kept checking to make sure that I was as close to 6 miles an hour as possible.  If on the uphills I slowed down then on the downhills I tried to pick up the pace.  Without the watch I feel that I just run slower since I have no way to gauge exactly how fast I am running.  With the watch I find I push myself harder because I am in constant competition with myself.  Whether I succeed or not I always try to beat my last time, pace, distance, whatever.  For me this watch helps do that.


No comments:

Post a Comment