Thursday, October 24, 2013

Babies don't sleep this well.

Last night was hard, really hard.  I didn't want to stay but I knew I should.  My shoulders were killing me, the cadio wore me out.  Even with all the physical pain, it's the mental struggle that's the hardest.  That little red devil on my (oh so sore) shoulder says "you just worked out hard, really hard, go home, rest, eat".  It's so easy to listen to him, he sounds so right, he makes perfect sense to me, I want to listen to him and most times I do.  Last night though I left that devil sitting on the curb and paid him no mind and stayed for the second class.  Let me tell you I feel it today.  Sore...all over.  Sitting up to get out of bed this morning, yeahhhh I was slow going for sure.  Sitting here typing my arms don't quite move the way they should.  Pain is good, it's weakness leaving the body, pain is temporary, quitting lasts forever, we have all heard it before, a thousand times.  Until you experience it do you really even begin to understand.  I love working out, I love being sore but today I love it even more.  I get it today, I feel it today, actually it's more than that, today I understand it.  I pushed myself beyond what I thought was the limits of my body and I loved it.  Let me tell you...babies don't sleep this well.


No comments:

Post a Comment