Sunday, October 20, 2013

The Army 10 Miler

Just got home from the race.  While official results are not posted online yet according to my watch the race was 10.2 miles and I ran it in 1:44, that is a pace of 10:11 per mile.  Just to see how that compares to the rest of the 10 milers I have run, I pulled up the results of all seven Cherry Blossom races and my one other Army 10 Miler time.  While this was not a PR (Personal Record) it was my third fastest time ever.  With everything we have had going on the last few weeks, I am more than happy with this time.  I am ecstatic actually.  My initial goal was a nine minute pace, and while I didn't meet that pace goal, I still pushed through and I feel great, I am very proud.  Seeing all these race times I remember now that the only two Cherry Blossom races I have missed in the last eight years have each been due to both my shoulder surgeries a few weeks before hand.  I did not realize until pulling up these results that I have now run nine 10 mile races, I just didn't realize I had been running for so many years.

Cherry Blossom Results 2012:

Cherry Blossom Results 2005 - 2011:

Army 10 Mile Results 2009:

I also ran today with Hila and Jess, each of them running together at something like a 9:20 pace (unofficially).  That is great.  Hila has run maybe eleven 10 milers, beaten me every time and still beats me even being close to five months pregnant.  They both crushed it and I could not be more proud.  Well done ladies.

Today I am definitely look forward to relaxing some, opening up a bottle of Kosta Browne and watching the Redskins game with the wife.  Not going to lie I am already sore and sitting down feels fantastic, especially since where we had to park was a 40 minute walk from the finish line, I mean really Mr. Race Officials, you make us all walk even more miles after just running 10?

Now I just need to figure out what race I want to sign up for next...


 


No comments:

Post a Comment