Monday, October 21, 2013

Next goal - boot camp, boot camp, boot camp!!!


Official times have been posted.  So even though my watch clocked an extra .2 miles, that does not count into my pace.  So, officially my pace was 10:27.  I am quite happy with that.

So I have been thinking of what to do next and at this point I think that I am just going to try to hit boot camp consistently for 4 days a week (Monday - Thursday).  I want to work on strengthening my shoulder, and focus on all around fitness not specifically running or biking.  I want to get back to the level in class where I can use the more difficult bands, be first on all runs/sprints/stairs, and untimely take my fitness to the next level.  I want to push my limits, see how strong I can get, see how much faster I can be.  Starting this week at boot camp there will now be two classes, one at 5:15 and another at 6:15.  I have done two consecutive boot camp classes several times and let me tell you it is tough.  Just taking one class is hard enough but two definitely changes things drastically.  I can by no means put forth the same effort in the second class, frankly if someone can then they are simply not trying hard enough in the first class.  Even though I cannot push as hard, the second hour my body is in fat burning mode and as I go to class more and more, the second class will get easier (a little bit anyway).  I will not be able to stay for two classes everyday but I will try to do so at least twice a week.  That should also help with these last 11 pounds I have to lose to get under 200.  I do have a weigh in tonight, I am hoping for somewhere around a 1 pound loss.  I will be happy with that anyway.  Maybe with all the calories I burned running yesterday I will have a better weight loss that I expect.  I was also pretty much starving all day yesterday so I may have eaten a bit too much, but we shall see tonight.


No comments:

Post a Comment