Friday, October 11, 2013

I may not be there yet but I am closer than I was yesterday.

Well it's official, they have rescheduled the MOCO Epic bike race until next weekend.  For me, this is both good news and a bit disappointing.  The good news being that frankly I am just not ready.  I have not devoted the time necessary to mountain biking that is required to be able to ride 25 miles over several hours.  I have only done half that distance and only once.  The bad news is I really wanted to do this race.  I wanted the feeling of completing such a challenging ride, I wanted that notch on the belt.  Intentions don't win races, it takes weeks and weeks of training, and I just did not train hard enough.  Oh well, it will have to wait until next time.  In hindsight I probably signed up for too many races all at once, especially with them being concurrent weekends.  Next time I will do things differently, sign up for one race and devote my training to that one event.  Not try to run three days a week, go to boot camp the rest of the days and then fit in long distance mountain biking in between.  Maybe it was a bit Too much,.. I eat too much, I drink too much, I want too much, Too much.

At least I was able to get two days at boot camp this week after being sick.  Kristina pretty much killed it, yet again.  Sore legs, arms, shoulders, and abs.  Boom.  Well done and thank you Kristina.  And a big shout out to Brent for signing back up for class.  Here's to many, many sore days ahead!!

Army 10 miler is next weekend so last long run this weekend, I am thinking 8 - 9 miles.  I am still not at the level I wanted to be with the running either, just not as fast as I want to be.  I can do the distances they are just slow going.  It looks like I will not beat my initial goal of running under a 9 minute mile but I will run this race without stopping and I will run it as fast as I can.  I had goals, and I will continue to have goals, and while I may not be there yet I am closer than I was yesterday...

1 comment:

  1. You're doing great. Keep setting goals that motivate you to lead a healthy lifestyle. There have been extenuating circumstances that have hindered your training. I am so proud of you for your commitments!!

    ReplyDelete