Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Four for Four.

Christmas Eve and our last day in beautiful sunny Florida.  We fly home tomorrow to celebrate the holidays with my mom and brother.  I love coming down here for the holidays each year but am truly excited to spend tomorrow with my mom.  Because we come to Florida every Christmas I honestly cannot remember the last time I spent Christmas day with her.  I am thinking it has been at least six or seven years, that is too long.  But all of that will change tomorrow.  See you soon mom.

So I made a goal to workout every day while I was in Florida.  As of 30 minutes ago, I have one more gold star on my workout chart for the week.  Four days, four workouts.  It was not easy and we fit in the workouts whenever we could, like tonight.  We ate dinner, waited two hours and worked out in the driveway at 7 PM.  Gotta give props to the wife tonight because I was not feeling it.  We hung out with the family this morning, went to another family members house for a BBQ and by the time we got here I was just not wanting to workout.  Luckily the beautiful woman who sleeps next to me loves me dearly and helped push me to achieve my goal.  You know what they say, behind every man is a strong woman.  She was my strength tonight when I wanted to be weak and I am grateful, thank you Hila.

Tonight we made up our own workout from previous workouts we have done while away from home.  I will call this one The 1,000.  Five exercises with 200 of each, squats, bicep curls, jumping jacks, crunches and burpees.  I started with burpees and just did 20 of each until I hit ten sets.  We have done previous exercises like this, see The 1400 and 5-4-3-2-1, but with Hila being pregnant we modified some of them accordingly.  I think it worked out quite well.

Yesterday I woke up with a sore back (getting old sucks doesn't it?) so I had to modify the fitness trail workout we had planned.  Hila crushed out a leg day boot camp class while I did speed training on the trail.  The trail itself was two connected 1/4 mile laps, what I did was start with a warm up mile, then for the speed work I ran two 1/4 mile laps as fast as I could, then a 1/4 mile slow jog/walking lap, and repeated this for 4 rounds.  This was much more difficult than I thought it would be.  Hila did this while training for the marathon and I always just kind of assumed it would be easy since after every two laps you had a break for a bit.  Ha, I could not have been more wrong.  My plan was to sprint two then jog one but I was so exhausted after the two fast laps I was forced to walk.  Needless to say after this workout I was spent, and completely soaked.  It was pushing 88 degrees as well, so that is what I am going to use as my excuse as to why this was so hard, yeah that sounds good!

To recap here are my workouts for the week:
Day 1 - 4 mile run
Day 2 - Homemade workout class on the trail
Day 3 - Speed training on 1/4 mile track
Day 4 - The 1,000

I promised some pictures of the trail and here they are.  One of Hila and me working out and the other of just the trail itself.  Hila hooked me up with these Diptic pics, so once again thank you very much my love.

No comments:

Post a Comment