Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Mind over matter.

Goal met for day 1.  I stayed for 30 minutes of the second class last night and I am feeling it already.  We ran wind sprints for 10 sets.  Essentially 100 yards (give or take) as fast as you can, jog back, repeat X 10, no that is not a typo I actually meant ten.  Of course we did this in the beginning of class, so lucky me, I got to do this twice.  Holy hell, my hammies are hurting today.  Last night was a really fun class.  Not overly hard, well let me clarify.  By not overly hard I mean that the class did not focus on shoulders or legs or something that by the end you can barely find the strength to drive home safely (kind of like the monstrous leg day on Thanksgiving morning, thanks Tom!!)  Class was mainly a focus on cardio.  Running, stairs, with some strength/stability exercises thrown in just for fun.  Or as Kristina puts it..."active recovery".  What a fantastic term!  I don't find much recovery in holding plank position after running stairs as fast as I can but hey at least it's recovery, active or not.

I may take a little break from the cold tonight and venture back to the old stomping grounds at the Sussudio...  It's been awhile since we have been there and seems as good a time as ever to head back.  Going to try for 1.5 classes again and honestly I am a little scared.  Tom has a way of beating you to a point beyond where you think you are capable of being.  Should not take too much inner convincing though, really it's just mind over matter.  Bring it on Tom...(I am going to regret that comment).  So much of working out is mind over matter, getting there is half the battle.  Once you are there you will workout, so get there and do it.  That is my plan anyway.


No comments:

Post a Comment