Tuesday, February 18, 2014

If at first you don't succeed...

Thank you Tom for the absolute butt kicking last night.  This time yesterday I was thinking how lovely it would be to not be able to move at work tomorrow.  Hey look at that success!!  I set out to do something and I did it.  I cannot move today at all and it's not quite 10 yet.  Imagine how successful I will feel this afternoon when the soreness has really settled in.  I am hoping to be curled up in a ball under my desk pulling a super sweet George Costanza, with my alarm clock and all.

Unfortunately, no workout tonight, I have my writing class.  I so look forward to this class each week and with last week's class being cancelled we should have twice the fun getting our creative writing juices flowing tonight.  Maybe after a few re-reads and edits I will find a way to make that last sentence sound less dirty.  We have only written one assignment so far and feel I wrote an excellent little story, we will see how the rest of the assignments go in the coming weeks.  After speaking with the instructor one evening I asked if she was willing to edit my Clydesdale story for me, even though it had already been submitted.  She agreed and said it was "not half bad".  This coming from a professional writer and me never having written anything of substance before, I absolutely take that as a great compliment!!  One day with some extra time I will make the edits and changes we spoke of and post it again on the blog.  I did find out that I was unfortunately not the winner of the Dirt Rag Magazine Literature Contest, the issue with the winning story was released this month (yes, the winning story was pretty damn good).  Stupid good-for-nothing judges...  Oh well, next year I will try try again!


No comments:

Post a Comment