Monday, February 10, 2014

Time to get to work!

Not quite the start to the week I was hoping for but I will make it work.  The plan was to make it back to class tonight but I forgot that we had scheduled a "meet the new pediatrician" appointment tonight, smack dab in the middle of class.  Oh well, gym instead.  I am thinking three mile run and then some core strength training (excellent suggestion Bill, thank you).  At least it will be warm in the gym!  That reminds me, I need to charge my iPod.

All my excuses for the past six weeks have ended.  No more construction in the house, baby shower is over, holidays have come and gone, back issue is resolved for the time being.  Life is back to normal finally.  That means no more BS, no more lame excuses.  No more "hey is Saturday so lets go out to lunch and then order  in dinner."  No more pizza for lunch, no more late night snacking.  It has gotten a bit out of hand these last few weeks but no more my friends.  Hila has sent me off with an amazing breakfast, soup and sandwich for lunch and some healthy snacks.  I am ready to get back to it.

I wish it were easy for me to find some kind of middle ground with eating.  It is all or nothing it seems, I either am all in or it's sayonara sucka, and I don't really know why.  You would think that while I could not workout I would be even more mindful of what I was eating.  Not so much, I just pretty much stopped paying attention entirely.  I have not been to a weigh in for about two months.  There is a weigh in tonight, if we have time after meeting the pediatrician I will go.  It's time.  I need to make myself accountable, otherwise I will just continue down this same path of mediocrity.  Time to shine folks.  We have no more than five or six weeks left before our lives are completely different with Baby D coming, I want to make the best of the time left.  I will go to the gym, I will eat better, I will get back into shape.  Believe me when I tell you that two months off  from working out is a long time.  It will be tough but I am ready.  I've been ready for weeks, I have just been lazy.  Not lying on the couch lazy, but lazy in my efforts to be healthy.  That time has come and gone.  Time to get to work!


No comments:

Post a Comment