Wednesday, December 4, 2013

The meal where everything went wrong.

2 PM.  2 PM is the magical hour when the soreness settles in.  Today I can feel it coming on strong.  Sprints on Monday, legs and shoulders last night = SORE Wednesday.  Both days, 1.5 classes.  Again tonight and Thursday as well.  I'm sure I will be a stumbling mess on my hot date Friday night if I am able to get these jello legs to work properly.  I walked (using this term loosely here, more of a staggered shuffle) across the office and after seeing my less than stunning gait my receptionist asked me if everything was okay, I said yes, Tom just got a hold of me...


Last night my beautiful wife decided to make a delicious dinner, as she always does.  Shrimp Curry.  Delish.  So pregnant brain starts with sauteing the butternut squash and broccoli.  Issue # 1 - No broccoli.  Solution # 1 - Substitute asparagus instead.   Next add the shrimp to the saute pan.  Issue # 2 - Not enough shrimp for a full meal.  Solution # 2 - Make this amount of shrimp work by cutting them into smaller pieces.  Next, to get a jump on things, she decides to steam the rice.  Issue # 3 - No rice.  Solution # 3 - Quinoa instead.  Now to top off any curry dish the last important ingredient is none other than coconut milk.  Issue # 4 - No coconut milk.  Solution # 4 - Half and half.  Needless to say we are calling this "the meal where anything that could go wrong did".  Well anything except for the flavor.  Holy hell this dinner was awesome and only 8 points including the quinoa.  Somehow pregnant brain turned this around to straight magical brain genius and now I am calling this "the meal where everything went wrong but came out oh so right!"  It was fantastic, my only hope is she saved enough so there are leftovers for tonight!


No comments:

Post a Comment