Sunday, December 22, 2013

Floridian Christmas.

Posting from my phone for the first time so let's see how this goes.

So things have been going well so far. We are staying with my aunt who literally moved in the day before we got here. We have furniture, a TV, basic kitchen utensils and that is just about it. Ate dinner out last night and had sandwiches for lunch. Lacking vegetable intake immensely. Time to improvise. This morning after our 70 degree outside homemade boot camp class, I'll get more into that later, we made canned vegetable scrambled eggs with sausage and toast. Never made eggs with canned vegetables before but a lost can in the pantry equals our successfully healthy breakfast. As healthy as we could make it with what we have on hand that is. We will be making a trip to the store today and stocking up on some essentials for the next couple of day. Fruit, vegetables and wine...

Not going to lie we seriously considered pilfering some of the oranges and grapefruit from the neighborhood fruit trees. If the tree was not sitting square in someones front yard, in broad daylight... Oh man the possibilities. Ever had a fresh Florida orange right off the tree? Yeah its magical.

So boot camp. Yesterday I grabbed the watch and took off for a run. No clue where I was going or how far. Just off to where ever my legs would take me. Ended up running a loop around two golf courses with ponds and beautiful palm trees. Every other time I have I been so close to the edge of a golf course I have been looking for my ball... While on the run I saw a sign with two words that sang to me from the heavens "Fitness Trail."  As I ran by I said to myself "Bobby (I refer to myself by name in thought) that looks like a perfect place to try a boot camp class tomorrow." So it goes.

Today Hila and I woke up and went right out on the trail. I am guessing it's a half mile loop with about ten workout stations. Of course these stations are geared towards senior citizens, I mean it's a retirement community right? So instead of doing the workout listed at each station we did our own. One station had a pole that was supposed to be used for stretching, we decided on chest press and pull downs. One station had a long bench, we did dips and bicep curls. We only had 45 minutes today before the rest of the family was coming over so we did our 45 minute class and came home. Tomorrow I will get some pictures and show you how cool this little trail was. Oh I almost forgot, we saw something like ten people out there walking or running. Someone even came up to us and said "Now that's how you start the morning!" Yeay, go us!!

I loved this little workout, today we did arms tomorrow we will do legs. Had I been lazy and not run yesterday I never would have found this little gold mine of delight. I not only feel better because I got up and worked out I also feel like I made the best of a situation that was kind of out of my control. We got out there and did it. Two days in and two workouts under the belt. And at this point I am only two cookies in! That is a success in and of itself.

We are doing our Christmas dinner tonight since it's the last night with every family member here. Looking forward to sitting down with everyone for a nice meal and then opening gifts. I hope I finally get my official Red Ryder, carbine action, two-hundred shot range model air rifle!

No comments:

Post a Comment