Monday, November 3, 2014

When nothing goes right...go left.

Something has been missing from my life for the past few months. I keep telling myself I can succeed on my own, that I can do this without the help of others but that is simply not the case. In terms of health and fitness it seems I have failed recently more than I have succeeded. I have a need to communicate with others about my achievements, whether good or bad, it keeps me honest. Without doing that I find that I can very easily lie to myself. I can eat this pizza, I can skip this workout and I will be okay. Wrong, wrong, and wrong again. I cannot do it on my own. If I could then I would not be gaining weight, steadily up and up it goes. I have been lost. My connection to the outside world has been my friends and family and this surprisingly powerful blog. It is not easy to share your thoughts with others but what I have found by sharing my thoughts and feelings with others is that the next time I am faced with a difficult decision it is easier to make the right choice because tomorrow I need to write about it. I have felt this way for as long as I have been writing this, but I see it so much more clearly now that I have not been writing. What has been missing in my life is accountability. Even if I don't write about it or talk about it or eat healthy food or workout, my body does not lie. I can tell myself all day long that it's okay but that fact of the matter is my body will prove my dishonesty. The shirt being tight around the belly is a good one but loosing up the belt a notch is just about the powerful honesty tool I have yet to find in life. Accountability. I have missed this word. I have been naive in thinking that I am stronger than my desires. I know that because I keep losing these battles. When faced with a difficult decision, I have been choosing that easier path, the path of least resistance. With your help I hope to overcome this yet again. I have been successful before and I will be again. I keep trying to take the well worn road in front of me, the problem is too many others have been down this road before, it's time to make my own path. It's time to go left.


No comments:

Post a Comment