Friday, August 15, 2014

Ask and ye shall receive.

I am fiberblasted...flabberblasted...fiberlglasted...oh geeze, blown away by how sore I am today.  I asked Kristina if it were possible to bring back the old tradition of playing Ultimate Frisbee this Thursday.  In years past Tom would bust out the bee and we would play maybe once a month for the entire class instead of doing a typical boot camp class.  Well as the title suggests, I asked and then received.  Needless to say, last night we played a killer game of Ultimate Frisbee and got in an absolute great workout.  I forwarded her the rules, ran out to Target and bought a Frisbee for her to keep with all our workout equipment with the hopes we can make this a little boot camp tradition.  I am more sore today than I have been the past couple of weeks.  Maybe it's from all the jockeying back and forth, the small bursts of sprinting, the reaching and jumping to block and stop plays, but I am sitting here now one sore mofo.  My feet, my legs, my back muscles, even my lungs, great googly moogly I am getting old.  Not going to lie, I hurt...all over.  But damn did we have fun.  Fitness is not just about power lifting, or winning races, or being the World's Toughest Mudder, sometimes it's about finding a way to get in a workout and having a good time.  We did both last night and I absolutely loved it.

And if you are anything like Brent and his new shiner, this is not how you catch a Frisbee.

No comments:

Post a Comment