Thursday, November 6, 2014

Life is a balance of holding on and letting go.

We have been back to Weight Watchers for about 6 weeks now and my starting weight was 229. I was steadying going down at first and then had a bad week (as you can see I gained three pounds, almost all the weight I had lost at that point). Last week we missed the meeting but made it last night and I lost another 1.8 pounds (current weight 226.8). So over 6 weeks total weight loss is 2.2 pounds. This shows me just how complacent I have been over a six week span. In one week I gained three pounds but over six I have only lost 2.2 pounds. Time to get this in check. Time to FOCUS!! I can do better than this.


This is even a more surprising chart. I first joined Weight Watchers in 2007 over 7 years and look how much my weight has fluctuated, looks like the Dow Jones... Starting weight was 240 pounds and in 2011 I got as low as 198.2.  


I really feel like a normal person can maintain just about even weight, not me. This is proof to me, once again, about my over eating. I need to stop cutting corners on counting my points, I need to stop thinking that it's okay to have multiple cheat nights, I need to stay focused on the plan over the weekend. There is no question that the weekends are the hardest. I like eating out, I like drinking wine. Just like working out, it's about finding that balance. I need to find that balance between holding on to what I need and letting go of what I think I want. Do I really want this extra slice of pizza? Do I really want this oh so delicious frozen Halloween peanut butter cup? You bet I do, but I want to lose weight and be healthy more. The more I focus on this fact, the clearer it becomes. Now the hard part...to stay focused.



No comments:

Post a Comment